This is our favourte chicken soup recipe. It is great for those cold winter evenings, and far tastier than the tins from the supermarket. It is also great for when you have a cold or flu and need a boost.
What you need (ingredients):
1 onion cut in quarters
3 garlic cloves
2cm of ginger root shredded
2 teaspoons salt
0.5kg new potatoes
4 large carrots cut in one inch slices
2 stalks celery cut in one inch slices
1 can baby corn
1. Combine chicken, onion, garlic, ginger, and salt in a large stock pot, cover with water and bring to a boil.
2. Simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour skimming off oil and fat as needed.
3. Test chicken with a fork to determine when it is tender aad fully cooked.
3. Remove the chicken and shred it, removing bones, fat, skin, and gristle.
4. Strain chicken broth.
5. Add vegetables and chicken to chicken broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are done. Serve hot.